This article will teach you how to setup a free ($0) product in ClickFunnels using Stripe. With this, you can setup a completely free product for customers to access in your funnels.
Why you would need this
If you're looking to get someone's credit card upfront on a Free product so you can offer them sticky OTOs later, this setup will allow you to do so.
What you will need:
Step 1. Create Your Free Product In ClickFunnels
- From within your Order Form step, select the “Products” tab.
- Click “Add Product.”
- Enter your product Name
- Select “Stripe” from the billing integration dropdown
- Skip Amount
- Skip Currency
- Enter your Price Display Override (you'll want to indicate it's “Free” here)
- Select “Subscription”
- Enter your Product Description (this will affect how your product appears on the receipt).
- Select your Subscription plan from the drop down menu
- Enter the Number of Payments (for a free product, just put “1”)
- Enter the Trial Period (for a free product, put at least “1”)
Note: the way Stripe works, this will “charge” the customer just one time and since it's on a trial period, it will show up as a $0.00 charge. The subscription plan will then be stopped after the initial payment, making the product free.
What you can do now