This article will assist you in testing your Stripe order forms. With this, you can test your order form page to ensure it properly connects with Stripe and sends your order information.
Why you would need this
If you have connected a Stripe account for use as your payment gateway, this will teach you how to test that connection to ensure it is working properly.
What you will need
Note: the minimum purchase price for a Stripe product is currently $0.50 (USD). See this article for more currency minimums.
Step 1. Turn Your Funnel to Test Mode
- From within your Funnel, click on “Settings.”
- Scroll down to Stripe and toggle Test Mode On.
- Click “Save And Update Settings” at the bottom of the page.
Step 2. Place Your Test Order
- Open an Incognito Window or Private Browser.
- From your order form page, copy your Order Form URL and paste in your Incognito window.
- On your Order Form Page, enter all necessary information (an email field is always required).
- In the Credit Card field, type 4012888888881881.
- Choose an expiration date in the future.
- Choose any 3-digit CVC code.
- Click to Submit your order.
Step 3. Check On Your Test Order
- From within your Funnel, click on the “Sales Tab.”
- View your Test Order and click “Details” for more information.
Important Note: If you are testing a Stripe Subscription Plan, make sure you have the exact same plan created inside your test dashboard of Stripe. After you are done testing, make sure you toggle Test Mode back to OFF in your funnel settings.
What you can do now
- Setup a Stripe Subscription Plan here
- Diagnose a “Missing Purchase Error”
- Explore the Payment Gateway FAQ